Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Progress

Well some progress has been made, although not really as much as I'd have liked. I've probably spent a little bit too much time gaming over the last week rather than painting stuff, which has impacted how much I've been able to do.

I've managed to smash out a few games though, and I'm getting to use a variety of army lists which is helping me get used to the Lizardmen book. Lizardmen are an army totally unlike any of the other ones I've used in the past, and have the ability to have a lot more chaff than I am normally used to. They also need to use said chaff, which is something I never needed to do with my Warriors of Chaos, as if they were avoiding combat something was going drastically wrong! I think I am still losing units of skinks unnecessarily, and I need to work on the timing aspect of using them to divert. Working out overrun paths etc can be a pain, and in some of the games I got a bit slack and that got things killed.

Two of my games have been against HE, both of those seemed to go fairly well and I don't think the match up is particularly bad for the lizards. I had trouble cracking a unit of Pheonix Guard in one game so that is something to work on, but potentially I would have been able to handle them had my Slann not cascaded on turn 3. In the other tried sending buffed Temple Guard into the middle of my opponents army, and they tore stuff to pieces.

I also played an interesting game against an empire army. This gave me a chance to try out he "cloud" version of the list, which is basically nothing but skinks, terradons, salamanders and a Slann. There are also two scar vets which go and do the killing, something they are rather good at. A bit of a boring list to play against, as the whole point is that it doesn't engage and just chips away at you with magic and shooting, but it is certainly very effective! This game ended up being a minor win to me, although I think the empire actually have the better of it in this match up.

The large skink-kroxigor unit on the right rolled up that flank, which got me most of my victory points.

I used the same list against some Daemons of Chaos yesterday for an entertaining draw. There were 6 purple suns cast for the game, which meant they were floating about all over the place and making a mess of things. I had the best one though, taking out 20 Plaguebearers and a Nurgle Herald.

Painting-wise I've managed to finish another third of the Skink-Kroxigor unit. I'm really liking how they are turning out, and I'm looking forward to finishing my first unit. I kinda want to go paint something else, but I'm going to finish this unit first. Plus I can't let myself get sick of painting Skinks, because there are another 60 or something to do after this unit...

From the front...
Apologies for the glare in the photo, didn't notice that when I took the picture, something to look out for next time...
Besides these guys I've also finished building my Bastiladon, not sure how often I'll use it but it does look cool.

Next update I'm hoping to start a report of how things went at the ETC, but I keep not getting around to writing that. It will either be a game by game report or an analysis of the Tomb Kings and the list I took along with thoughts on what I would do different next time.

1 comment: